Monday, July 28, 2014

Here We Go...

This summer I've been spending time getting to know RMS bit by bit.  It has been a nice entry during the summer as it has given me time to process new information, try things out, make mistakes, explore our building, meet new people, and to talk with Mike about our ideas for the school year. But August is right around the corner. I am starting to see school supplies take over local stores-the new school year is coming quickly.

We've been working on the to-dos like summer mailings and schedules, but we've also had some great conversations about our goals for the year.  I am posting my personal goals here because I have found that it is helpful to interact with a larger community about my goals. By making them visible I will have opportunities to engage in conversations with a wider audience, find support, and make connections with others trying to achieve a similar purpose.

My goals this year:
1) I will develop collaborative relationships with RMS students, staff, parents and the community.
2) I will help construct a peer observation/feedback system.
3) I will use data to find ways we can grow and change to better meet the needs of our students, staff, parents, and community.

I look forward to using these goals as guideposts for my work this year.  I welcome feedback as we begin our new relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment